ADHS will be performing maintenance on the Medical Marijuana systems starting on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10 PM expected to be completed by Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 4 AM. During this time, Medical Marijuana Online Registry Applications will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience this maintenance downtime may cause. If the process is completed earlier, the systems will be made available at an earlier time.
Licensed Midwifery Advisory Committee
The Licensed Midwifery Advisory Committee (LMAC) established pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code Title 9, Chapter 16, Article 1 §R9-16-117 is composed of the following individuals:
|Carol Denny||Licensed Midwife|
|Francisco Garcia||Physician – OB/GYN|
|Mary Henderson||Licensed Midwife|
|Paula Matthew||Licensed Midwife|
|Elizabeth Morton||Member of the Public|
|Jeanne Stagner||Certified Nurse Midwife|
|Roy Teramoto||Ex-Officio (MD-Pediatrics)|
|Thomas Salow, JD||ADHS Branch Chief – Non-medical Licensing|
|Carla Chee, MHS||Bureau Chief - Special Licensing|
|Don Gibson, MPA||Licensing Team Lead – Special Licensing|
|Pat Glass, RN||Licensing Surveyor – Midwifery Licensing Unit|
The LMAC scope of work includes the following activities:
- Examine aggregate data from the required midwife reports
- Examine any notifications received by the Department required in R9-16-104(B);
- Examine evidence-based research pertaining to the practice of midwifery;
- Development of an annual report upon review of data collected through the previous year (to begin in 2015 using the information collected from July 1, 2013 through July 1, 2014).
Licensed Midwifery Advisory Committee Meetings
- January 28, 2015 Meeting: Agenda | Minutes
- November 5, 2014 Meeting: Agenda | Minutes
Pursuant to HB2247, Laws 2012, § 1(B), the following reports are now posted for consideration by the Midwifery Scope of Practice Advisory Committee and other interested parties:
- Midwifery Scope of Practice Report (submitted by Licensed Midwives)
- Midwifery Scope of Practice Report (submitted by the Consumer Group)
Scope of Practice Advisory Committee Historical Information
- June 3, 2013 Meeting: Agenda | Watch Recorded Meeting
- May 15, 2013 Meeting: Agenda | Minutes | Watch Recorded Meeting
- April 3, 2013 Meeting: Agenda | Minutes | Watch Recorded Meeting
- February 11, 2013 Meeting: Agenda | Minutes | Watch Recorded Meeting | #azmidwives Twitter Chat
- January 14, 2013 Meeting: Agenda | Minutes | Watch Recorded Meeting
If you are interested in previous meeting reports, contact The Midwife Licensing Program for archived reports.
All of the Licensing of Midwifery draft rules, including the draft informed consent form and draft reporting form, are available for review on the Licensing of Midwifery Rules page.
Note: Agendas, minutes, presentations, and comments are provided in PDF files.