Division of Licensing Services
Integrated Licensing Rules Implementation
Below you’ll find links containing helpful information for providers about the licensing process during the transition to the new integrated rules going into effect July 1, 2013. The resources below will provide links to crosswalks, flowcharts and frequently asked questions to walk you through the licensing process, our draft rules that are posted for viewing, schedules for trainings, and contact information intended to assist providers in maintaining compliance with Arizona regulatory requirements.
Licensing Process Resources
Please help the Department determine how the rules integration will affect our facilities by completing our Forecasting Survey.
Frequently Asked Questions (updated weekly)
Facility Specific Flowcharts
The Division of Licensing is excited to announce that we will be hosting a series of Rules Integration "Open Comment," forums to provide an opportunity for stakeholders to publically comment on the posted draft rules, for health care institutions and approved facilities.
All meetings will be held at:Arizona Department of Health Services
150 North 18th Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85007; 4th Floor
Visitor parking is available on the first floor of the parking garage located on 18th Avenue, between Van Buren and Adams, directly across from the ADHS building.
Open Comment Forums
- April 22, 2013:
- 9:00-11:00 a.m. Outpatient Treatment Centers
- April 23, 2013:
- 1:00-2:30 p.m. Residential Facilities
- 2:45-4:15 p.m. Approvals Chapter 20
- April 24, 2013:
- 9:00-12:00 p.m. Hospitals, Level 1 Sub-Acutes, Level 1 RTC's
- 1:00-2:30 p.m. Assisted Living Facilities
- 2:45-4:15 p.m. Nursing Care Institutions
- April 25, 2013:
- 9:00-10:30 a.m. Hospice and Home Health Care
- 10:45-12:15 p.m. Recovery Care Centers and Outpatient Surgical Centers
The Department will be offering provider trainings to help providers understand the new rules, how the changes will be implemented, the impact the new rules will have on licensed facilities, and to offer technical assistance to help facilities comply with the rules.
We will be continuing to update the training schedule. Keep checking back to find out the latest trainings ADHS has to offer!
- Introduction to Article 1 (The Nuts and Bolts of Licensure): Click here to register
- Offered at the following times:
- Tuesday, May 7th from 1-3 pm
- Thursday, May 16th from 1-3 pm
- Wednesday, May 22nd from 10-12 pm