Due to scheduled maintenance by the Arizona Department of Administration to the state datacenter, azdhs.gov and related services will be unavailable from 10:00 p.m. Friday, November 15, until 10:00 a.m. Saturday, November 16. Thank you for your patience.
Bureau of Child Care Licensing
Emergency Preparedness in Childcare Settings
The links below are for documents, resources and other web sites with information pertinent to issues arising in regards to emergency preparedness and child care settings, including communication strategies between community, parents and child care staff.
Disaster Emergency Evacuation Preparation (DEEP)
DEEP Thoughts are short flyer handouts with information regarding potentially hazardous conditions and disasters for use by providers, staff members and families in Arizona.
DEEP Forms are documents & checklists, as well as informational resources, developed by DHS to help providers plan and train effectively for disasters and emergencies of any kind.
- Center Evacuation Procedures
- Emergency Evacuation Plan
- Emergency Numbers
- Evacuation Checklist
- Organizational Roles
- Staff Duties
Resources for Childcare Providers
- Emergency Preparedness Checklist – a quick checklist to help you be more prepared for an emergency incident
- Ready Kids – A resource from FEMA to teach your children about Emergency Preparedness
- FEMA – The Federal Emergency Management Administration
- Incident Command System Basics for Child Care Providers